Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Our lazy pumpkin


P6080002x
Originally uploaded by karenandcj.
Sebastian is THE SWEETEST and most loveable little baby boy ever (and I am in no way biased).

Having said this, I will admit that he is also the laziest little baby boy as well. He feels no need to support himself in any way. And by that I don't mean financially (well actually, he hasn't done much in the way of financial contributions to the family either). But I was speaking more from a literal stand-point. He does not feel any need or desire to support himself physically - whether that be by sitting, crawling, "standing", etc. When I put him in a sitting position and let go he either folds in half like an yoga guru or flops over to his side as though sitting up is the most physically exhausting feat a human has ever endured. When I try to hold him up so he can put some weight on his legs, his legs crumble underneath him until his center of gravity is squarely (and safely) back on solid ground.

So, I had the brilliant idea today that we would put him in the bouncer, he would realize how fun it was to jump and he would build core body and leg strength in the process.

Well, after Kenzie's doll "baby shoo shoo" had her alloted time in the bouncer it was Sebastian's turn. I put him in and quickly captured this "first" as shown in the photo above. No sooner had I snapped this pic than he started to wail.... we removed him from the bouncer and replaced him to his position of comfort on his back on the floor.

I love you little man! Maybe we'll try again next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home