Friday, March 17, 2006

happy pills

okay. so for the last 2 years I've been taking happy pills. You know... the prescription kind. (they were actually prescribed for me... I haven't been buying them off the black market). I'm not scared to admit it :)

After you have kids your hormones go very wacky. It takes a while for things to settle down and in the mean time your moods can put any family in jeopardry of complete internal combustion unless you look for some outside help. So that's what I did and life was good.

But I decided that I no longer needed happy pills. So over the last few weeks I have weaned myself off. Haven't really felt too different or noticed much of an effect emotionally - EXCEPT.....my moods are way more extreme. It's almost like they were dulled a bit for the last couple years.

I have found that over the past few days when I'm happy I'm really happy. When I'm mad I am downright pissed, and when I read ads in a magazine about the special olympics I start to cry.

In any case... all is good. I am starting to feel like myself again. I am an emotional person. So I'll take that.. the good and the bad. No more shades for me.

CJ, I will not to be too muc of a bitch during those not so happy times. I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

I love you K! I am emotional too... true and true. :)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

I'm right there with you, K. Only I am transitioning to a NEW happy pill right now. I love my hubby for dealing with my moods. I think it helps that I usually say, "I'm just being a whack job - ignore me." :) It will get better!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home