Wednesday, March 08, 2006

feeling guilty

For a couple months now, Kenzie will mention that she doesn't know how to tie her shoelaces. I'll ask her if she wants to learn, and she always says yes.

Unfortunately most of the times we have this discussion it's when we are getting ready to walk out the door. I usually try to slow down a bit and I tie her laces, and expain to her what I'm doing.... "make a bunny ear, go around the tree, and down the fox hole"... and voila we are done and I am dragging her out the door.

I just thought about this and had a huge wave of guilt come over me. I am the mother who is too busy to teach her daughter how to tie her shoe laces. She is so eager right now to learn things and instead of encouraging her, i am squashing this enthusiasm, by sighing and making her feel like it's an imposition.

Ugh... I feel so bad.

I am determined that this weekend we will spend a good chunk of time, with me PATIENTLY working with her and teaching her how to ties her laces.

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

I couldn't agree with Tammy more on this one! You are the greatest really!!!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home