Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Elmo TMX

Have you heard about it?

The Elmo TMX is a limited edition toy that is supposed to be the big craze this year. I was tipped off about it yesterday morning. Elmo TMX made its appearance in store across the country yesterday morning. A bunch of women from “the board” were out buying them in bulk. By the end of the day folks were posting that their stores were sold out. Last night Kenzie and I went shopping to Zellers to pick up some socks. I guess news travels a bit slower here in Canada - there were still quite a few for sale. I was appalled when I saw the price tage $49 CAD. Who pays $50 for an Elmo toy? Well I guess I do. I bought 5. Kenzie gave one to Sebby. At first he was terrified of the thing and ran away and buried his face in a pillow. After he got used to it, he seemed to enjoy it (see video below).

Sebby and Elmo

Anywho. So I was just a bit embarrassed coming home last night and telling CJ that I just spent $250 on Elmo’s. But then I looked on Ebay. Sure enough there are thousands of them there for sale (one listed at $2,000,000 – now there is an optimist). But strangely enough hundreds of them are being bought for $125 and up. So I feel a bit better. Even Amazon, which had them listed for $39.99 yesterday morning, jacked up their prices to $125 by end of day. So, I will hang on to the extra 4 (even suggested to CJ that he go back and buy a few more if they are still available) and put them up on Ebay after the pukefest ends.

Anyone want an Elmo TMX? I know where you can buy one for $200!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$299.95(US) on amazon now...
f*&%^n ridiculous, really.
(going to target at lunch to buy all they have...if any)
DW1

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they didn't have any...in fact all targets in WA are sold out. Damn it.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home