Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Koda

okay... so yesterday was an interesting day. It was my first day on 'vacation' and my first day of bonding with Koda. The day started with Koda and I walking Kenzie to school. I was really impressed with her. I should have thought of this before (but didn't) as soon as we got to the school yard we had a ton of kids running up to us asking to pet Koda. She was so good and patient and just stood there and let them all crowd around and pet her. I was really proud of her. Of course Kenzie was beaming with pride because it was her dog that all the kids were coming to see.

So after that we started to go for a walk but it started to snow (ugh) so we went home. We waited for the snow to stop and then walked around the lake. It's about a 5km walk and I was exhausted afterwards. Koda is NOT good on the leash. I had to correct her (yank her back) about every 20 seconds. She just wants to pull pull pull. By the time we got home I found that my little finger was all bruised.

anyhow... during the rest of the day she alternated between being restless and getting into stuff (she got into the recycling and tore apart a milk carton, she started chewing on any toy she got find and she evening put her paws up on the counter and tried to steal something off it) and being relaxed and sweet and loving.

Anyhow. At least I know what we are dealing with here. She has a lot of training ahead of her. BUT here's the thing. she is so wonderful. Every single one of us in this house is in love with her. She is AMAZING with kids. Kenzie was terrified of dogs a week ago... and now it's like she's grown up with Koda her whole life. I KNOW she is going to fit into our family just perfectly. CJ and I both adore her.

I think she feels right at home here.
IMG_4052

The Woods came to visit and meet her on Sunday
IMG_4067

IMG_4065

Kenzie "being" a dog.
IMG_4064

IMG_4063

Watching TV
IMG_4061

IMG_4060

IMG_4058

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy J said...

She looks like such a sweet dog, Karen. My mom always said having a dog was like having a perpetual 2-yr old... but with training she'll give up most of her puppy hang-ups.

10:34 AM  
Blogger The Wilson Family said...

She is a beautiful dog! Beautiful kids too!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home