Sunday, September 21, 2008

purge

I need a major purge in my life. In every aspect. First of all I’ve realized that I am over extended so I will be purging in the area of “personal commitments”. I need to be able to focus on my family and spend time with CJ, Kenzie and Sebastian – I miss them.

School council commitments will need to go first. I sent a few folks an email this weekend to say that I will not be able to be on the executive or the council this year. I know I’ll get flak but that will pass( I hope). The next thing will be the outdoor classroom. I will make myself available when the school is ready to move forward. But I will not be chasing the teachers, principal, school board etc to get decisions made etc.

Next is the house… things need to go. I’m going crazy with all the crap we have all over….I am craving organization – I want our tupperware draw organized, our bills paid, the laundry done etc.

As soon as I can get mum (aka Omi) to take the kids for a half day, CJ and I are going to go through their toys. We are also going to go through our own things – closets, kitchen, bathrooms etc. If I haven’t used something in the last year it’s getting thrown out or given away.

This weekend CJ started us off in a huge way… he cleaned up the backyard. He took down the giant pool, put away the swinging chairs, put away the sandbox, cut down the sunflowers, pulled out the weeds etc. What a big difference in the backyard. Thanks CJ honey!

So… fingers crossed that we’ll be able to get some of this stuff done over the next couple weeks.

So, new topic. This weekend was fun. Friday night I had a ladies’ night out. On Saturday the kids had gymnastics and the Sophie came over for a visit. Then Helen invited us over to Jeff and Daphne’s (her in-laws) for some swimming. The kids had a blast swimming and I was really proud of Kenzie she is doing front crawl now. In the evening Celeste came over so that Angela and Guy could go out for dinner. So we were all pretty beat by the time we went to bed.

Today the kids and I went to the park (while CJ was working outside). Then we had naps, then Kenzie had a playdate (at Emily and Abigail’s) and finally we had dinner, baths (well the kids) and just hung out. We are now watching some sponge bob and soon it will be time for bed. Tomorrow we start another work week. There is some news in that area coming soon. ;-)

Here are some pics from this morning.

IMG_3640

IMG_3679

IMG_3671

IMG_3670

IMG_3664

IMG_3658

IMG_3655

IMG_3653

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home