Monday, June 27, 2005

I'm getting old....

... and I don't say that because I just had another birthday. I say that because I just can't drink alcohol the way I used to. We went out on Saturday night (btw - thanks to everyone who came out - it was so much fun!). I was tipsy after wine #2 and almost under the table before finishing #3. Not only that but it took me ALL DAY yesterday to recover. I swear, CJ and I were a mess yesterday - SO TIRED. And I ate a ton of crap. I should've made a batch of cookie dough and eaten that. ha ha ha (If you're going to indulge, may as well go all the way). Have you ever noticed how you crave junk food when you are hung over... well i do and today i feel bad. ONLY healthy food for me today.

So... here are a few things I've been thinking about.

1. I CAN NOT find jeans that are the right length. I don't recall this being a problem before .... so i'll blame it on the styles these days. Why is it that jeans are so long? They always seem to drag around the ankles. I attribute this to the fact that kids these days like to look like slobs... if I see another teenage boy with his jeans hanging under his butt and his boxes in full view, I am going to walk up to him and yank his pants up. Anyhow, back on track.... all women's jeans seem to be flared at the bottom too... so too-long flared jeans is what I'm wearing at work today. Nice. I'm middle age now, so maybe I should give up wearing jeans and start wearing the elastic waist polyester pants from tarjay. I bet they wouldn't be too long.

2. I think it's a conspiracy. Kenzie and Sebastian got together and decided to make CJ and I go mad by using the lack-of-sleep-torture-method. Okay kids... I am on to you. You have been warned.

3. My mum has a bad cough. I am worried about her. Ever since she had cancer last year I am concerned about her health. She does too much and needs to slow down. She said she'll go to the doctor if it's not better by tomorrow. I hope she feels better soon.

4. Kenzie is looking especially cute to me these days. I want to eat her up.

5. So, don't tell CJ this, but I've been having "pregnancy envy". Wait that's not it exactly... I don't want to be pregnant. (I HATE BEING PREGNANT). I have been thinking how fun it would be to have 3 kids. So, fortunately or unfortunately, that is not an option for us anymore.... I think that is probably a good thing. I wouldn't want to do anything foolish. Maybe it's the lack of sleep that is making me think this way. (ha ha)

6. Sebastian waited up for us on saturday night. He did, seriously. He is always asleep by 8:30. But the babysitter called at 9:45 and told us that he was still up and not going to sleep. We got home around 10:00 and he was still awake. I took him in my arms and he put his hand to my cheek. In 30 seconds he was fast asleep. It was so sweet.... But i feel bad for the babysitter. She certainly earned her 10$/hr.

7. I am so very tired. Have I mentioned that already?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home