Sunday, September 24, 2006

another week

okay so this week has been pretty good. I had a busy week at work... along with a good conversation with the VP who's unit I am in. Went out for dinner with mum on Thursday and then again on Friday with CJ (Shannon and her mom Sue babysat and they are awesome - Thanks Sue!).

CJ has been busy with his job hunt and submitting resumes. I am excited for him. I think he'll have lots of fun with this... going for interviews, getting lots of offers etc.

So on Thursday mum suggested that CJ and I join a club or something like that so we can meet some people. She said she'd baby-sit for us on a regular basis if we wanted to do something like that. CJ and I both thought that joining the Richmond Hill Curling Club would be a blast. So next Saturday morning CJ and I are going to our first novice curling session. The following Tuesday night we begin our official couple's curling league. ha ha ha ha ha. I laugh every time I think about it. I don't even know the rules of curling. What I do know is that the majority of the game is spent at the lounge drinking. I think we'll be good at that part.

So, another thing that I am psyched about is that I started scrapbooking. Hey laugh if you want, it’s fun! I’ve always wanted to try this but, well, I never got around to buying any supplies. So on Friday afternoon Kenzie and I went to pick up my new bike. Right beside the bike store is a super cool scrap booking store. We had 10 minutes to shop before the parking became illegal. So we power shopped and bought a whole pile of cool stuff. The next day I decided I needed a few more things so again,. The Boo and I headed out. I never knew that Michaels had so much awesome stuff. We bought a few more things.

Yesterday afternoon I started my first album. It’s a Christmas present for my best friend (CJ, of course). Thankfully he doesn’t think it’s cheesy (at least he hasn’t indicated that he thinks so). I’ve shown him some of the pages along the way. He cried when I showed him the Sebby/Daddy page. Here are the pages I’ve done so far. I am having SO MUCH fun. If anyone wants an album made, I would LOVE to make you one. Seriously… send me some pics and I’ll make you one…… (and this is directed to you guys in Seattle… I miss you so much. It would be good for me to do this so I’d feel a bit closer to you).

Our wedding
scrap 004

Our honeymoon
page3

Oregon Coast 2005 (I don’t have any 2006 photos printed yet)
scrap 005

Kenzie
page2

Sebby/Daddy
page1

Okay… I know I’m rambling. It’s my perrogative. Today we went to the Ontario Science Centre. It was so much fun. We didn’t even see half of it. I can’t wait to go back.
sigsep24

Oh yeah, and it's been a good weekend in football.

yesterday Ohio State creamed Penn State. WOOT!!!! (sorry Dawn)

At the moment the Seahwaks are kicking butt!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

Those are beautiful pages Karen!

6:14 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

your pages are beautiful Karen! great job.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

Karen ... WOW ... simply amazing scrapbooking pages.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, your pages are gorgeous! I love them! Thanks for taking the time to share them. You are a natural talent in this realm.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home