Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sick Sebastian

I have to say that Sebastian is the most pathetic little sick person. Yesterday shortly before lunch I got a call from his daycare saying that he was feeling a bit under the weather and that he had a slight fever. So I went to get him and we spent the afternoon together. When he is sick he only wants me. Part of me loves that because all other times he couldn’t care less about me unless he wants something to eat or drink. But when he’s sick he wants me to carry him everywhere and he wants to snuggle. He also has no desire to play or eat and he moans a lot. Oh yes, and he’s very crabby. So yesterday afternoon we hung out watching Thomas episodes and other cartoons on TV. I rubbed his feet and wiped his nose – and in return I got some sweet smiles and lots of hugs. He also loves chocolate so when he was feeling exceptionally poopy I gave him a bowl with a few Smarties and a Halloween Aero bar. His face lit up like a Christmas tree.

nov 7 017

He is home with Omi today and she is taking him to see the doctor later this morning. I suspect he has an ear infection and may also be getting pink eye. I miss my little smush. He was sad when I left the house this morning and I just wanted to stay home with him all day. At least I am glad he’s with my mum. I know there is no better nurse to spend the day with him. She revels in cooking chicken soup from scratch, and doing all those other “grandmotherly” things that regular folks don’t have time to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

IMO, Aero bars and mom are the best medicine.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home