Tuesday, October 17, 2006

little notes

When I first started working at my new job I decided to go in early so I could leave early and spend more time with the family in the afternoon/evening. Well, I was leaving most mornings before the kids were up. Kenzie and CJ would often call me at the office later in the morning to say hi. Kenzie started asking me why I didn’t say good bye to her before I left. So I started a habit of writing her a note. Now, many mornings before I leave the house, I will write Kenzie a little note. Something that tells her I love her and has a little picture. Today when I was making her note I decided to make one for Sebby too. CJ just called and told me that when he showed Seb his note and read it too him Seb got the biggest smile on his face and was so happy.

I am sitting here all teary eyed. First I am thrilled that he was so happy, but secondly I am so sad and sorry that I didn’t do this sooner. I think sometimes I don’t give him enough credit. Because he doesn’t talk too much I guess I something think he doesn’t understand as much either. But I know that is wrong. He’s a smart little guy and understands almost everything. I miss him right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Aww, I can just imagine how much the kids love their little notes!

And what you wrote about Seb... I feel the same exact way about Alex. I often have to remind myself that he understands so much more than he lets on.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home