Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Starting to get settled.

First of all I need to start by saying that CJ and I are going to Seattle next week. We are only there for 2 days (I couldn’t ask my mum to watch the kids longer than that) but we are both planning to pack a lot of fun into those 2 days. We are going to spend Thanksgiving Day at the Wheelers which is one of our favorite times ever! I have amazing memories of the Wheeler Thanksgiving over the past 6 years. It is a special time when all our friends get together – we talk, laugh, play with kids, drink, eat, watch football. What could be better :D On Friday I intend to do a lot of shopping. One of the things I miss most about the US (beside friends of course) is shopping. I will say it… shopping in Canada sucks. I am seriously bringing an empty suitcase for all my purchases.

Now, back to Canada. Things here are going well…. Well not entirely. CJ is terribly sick right now. He stayed home from work which is very unusual for him. He feels horrible (body aches, terrible headache, etc). It reminds me of when he had meningitis. I am praying that that is not what it is. I want to call him but don’t want to wake him up if he’s sleeping. So keep him in your thoughts and send get well wishes to him okay? Thank you.

I dropped the kids off at their respective “schools” this morning. Sebastian, as usual, did not cry and was perfectly happy there. His teacher showed me the jelly fish that they were going to make today since this week’s theme is “ocean creatures”. I was reminded again how lucky we were to have found this daycare for him. As I left I picked up the report from Friday (which CJ must have forgotten to take). It had the following comments: “Enjoyed storytime with puppets, painting and colour matching. He loved the mini pizzas and salad and fell asleep very quickly”. How perfect is that.

Then I brought Kenzie to school. On the way there she was chatting away “at’ me about random things. She told me that Courtney’s mum always makes them a snack when they get to her house and that first they have fruit “to make them feel good” and then they get a cookie and then they play. She told me how Courtney and she did a princess puzzle THREE times last week. She sounded so happy and carefree. We got to school and Kenzie went into the play area for the kindergarteners. Soon Courtney came running up to Kenzie to give her a big hug. She almost picked Kenzie off the ground. Then they had to stand against the fence with their respective classes before they all march into school in single file. As the kids were against the fence, Kenzie and Courtney kept smiling and waving at each other. I can’t believe she has a best friend. It is so darn adorable.

So.. the kids are doing well. CJ and I are both looking forward to curling on Friday. Saturday CJ has a HUGE football game to watch (Ohio State vs. Michigan – GO BUCKEYES!). We have a party to go to on Saturday night. And on Sunday, Ewa and I are going to the Toronto Christmas show where I intend to buy a bunch of stuff to make our house more festive. WOOT. Things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home