Thursday, September 13, 2007

back to school craziness

Wow – life gets crazy hectic in September. Not only have I started my new job at the TTC part-time (so right now I am spending half my time there and half my time in my old office trying to finish off my existing projects) but there are all the “start of school” things to do too. Kenzie started school last week. She did great. It was such a change from last year when she was shy and nervous. This year she was so excited to go back to school… she ran ahead of us and was so happy to see her friends again. She seems to like her new teacher and is enjoying being a Senior Kindergartener!

There are also the other things to deal with – like traffic? This summer it took me 15 minutes to drive to work. Starting the first week of September it took an hour. I am now trying to leave the house an hour earlier than I did in the summer just to avoid the traffic.

Kenzie is signed up and almost all ready for all her extra curricular activities. This fall she will be taking a learn-to-skate class in preparation for starting ringette in the winter. She is also in Sparks with her friends Courtney and Sophie. Sparks is the youngest group in the Girl guides of Canada program – I’ll be hitting everyone I know up to buy cookies later this year. I also found out that they have a wonderful mother-daughter camping trip planned for November. WTF??? It’s friggin cold in November! And finally Kenzie is singed up for ballet. I can’t wait to see how she likes her first class on Saturday. She has been begging to do ballet now for over a year so I hope she really enjoys it.

Poor Seb is too young to do any extra curricular activities. Not for lack of trying though. So far he has begged to play soccer, go to Girl Guides and take ballet… I think I will encourage him to pursue the soccer…

So needless to say life has been busy getting ready for all these things… filling out registration forms, going to “meet-and-greet” events, getting dance outfits, skating helmets and pads, arranging for after-school care (we got Kenzie into her schools after school program which is good cause now she won’t have to take the bus), getting new epi-pen prescriptions (Seb decided to have a poo at the doctor’s office yesterday and I didn’t have wipes or diapers with me), dentist appointments, getting up earlier, remembering to dress the kids in warmer clothes – but not too warm cause it gets hot in the afternoons, getting new school shoes, …. Ahhhh. I’m ready for a vacation!!

Anyhow… that’s been life for us.

I am looking forward to this weekend. CJ and I are planning a date-night tomorrow night. We are hoping to go out for a drink and then see a movie which we haven’t done in years. On Sunday I am having some friends over for lunch and scrapbooking. I am excited about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home