Monday, January 14, 2008

well there you have it

It’s January 14th and I’ve got the winter blues. I fall into this trap every year. On one hand it’s depressing as hell – I realize that I have gained weight over the last few winter months, gotten into bad habits (eating junk and drinking too much). I am mad at myself for not enjoying the children more, and of course there is the guilt too (they are growing up so fast and I am not the happy, energetic, full-of-live, good-role-model mom I want to be. Instead I feel tired and unhealthy.

On the other hand, this tends to be a trigger for me every year to change things in my life. Last year this motivated me to join Curves and start eating less. This worked great for a while - I lost 25 lbs (of which I have now put back 13), started exercising and felt great. All that changed though when I started my new job and I fell back into my bad “addict” habits.

So, now it’s time to change again. I have come across the GI diet and have been reading a lot about it. I think that for me I need to change my habits and not diet. I *think* this is a way of eating/living that I can make a habit. So I am going to try. I am eager to do the first shopping trip and to clean out the cupboards and start living healthy. I know this is cliché – but I owe it to the kids, to CJ and to myself. So wish me luck….

Now, to get off my soap box…. This weekend was pretty good. Omi took the kids on Saturday and kept them overnight. This allowed CJ and me some time to do non-kid stuff. I got some scrapbooking done – started my niece’s album. (YES! Andrea found out last week that she is having a baby girl. Everything looks good). I love my new scrapbooking room. I am totally addicted now and can’t wait to do some more. CJ spent his time putting on the baseboards downstairs. I know it wasn’t that fun for him, but he did an amazing job and it looks so good now.

The kids are doing well. Seb got a hair cut. It pained me to take him because I just love his little curls, but his hair was getting so messy and unruly. Luckily he still looks as adorable as ever and still has some curl.

Kenzie… my baby girl… is about to lose her first tooth. She’s been wiggling it since Friday and I’m surprised it hasn’t fallen out yet. It’s soooo loose. She is also doing amazing at reading. About 2 weeks ago I started bribing her. I bought a bunch of small toys and put them in a box. Every time she reads a whole book she gets to choose a toy. It’s amazing how well bribery works. Before she didn’t want to read at all and she’d fidget and complain… now reading a book is the first thing she wants to do when she wakes up and when she gets home from school. I love it. Yesterday she read a 32 page book and only asked for help on 4 words. I am a proud mom :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home