Tuesday, July 05, 2005

another weekend over

Why do weekends go by so fast and work days drag on forever?

I'm too tired to work, too tired to blog... what I would do to switch places with my mum for 24 hours. Life is strange that way isn't it. My mum lives by herself in a beautiful home with a gorgeous garden. She spends her time gardening, reading, playing bridge or having lunch with friends. She aches to be with her grandchildren and have commotion all around her. I have 2 wonderful, active, sweet charming children. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful home. I have a good job with good people to work with. I ache to have 24 hours of quiet and solitude... a day to garden, sit outside reading, listen to music or sleep... oh I would pay so much money to be able to sleep in one morning.

Anyhow... we certainly pack a lot of living into our weekends. Yesterday our friends Greg and Kristine who were staying with us this weekend made us a fabulous brunch with french toast and fresh berries and peaches and fruit syrup. How decadent. After this hearty breakfast we headed into downtown Kirkland for the 4th of July parade. We met up with a bunch of friends there and had a great time.

This is Greg and Kristine - our breakfast chefs
P7040013 (2)

Here is Kenzie and her friends at the parade:

Kenzie and Phoebe
P7040009 (2)

Kenzie and Gabbie
P7040005 (2)

Came home and plopped the exhausted children into bed for naps (this whole "two kids napping at the same time" is pretty cool). I spent an hour and a half sitting outside reading a magazine and another hour and a half napping (thank you honey for watching Seb and letting me sleep - you are a knight!)

Afterwards we headed over to our friends Steve and Nabila's for their annual 4th of July barbeque (this is actually very ironic since neither of them are American... ha ha ha). It was fabulous as usual. I remember the first annual 4th of July bbq at their house. There were no kids in the mix yet, and we stayed up late enough to watch the fireworks from their balconey. Yesterday there was a gaggle of toddlers running around - two more kiddos on the way and we left at 8:00 to go to bed. ha ha ha How times have changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home