Monday, September 19, 2005

stressed

It's Sunday night and everyone is in bed. I can't sleep. My mind is racing thinking about a couple meetings I have to lead this week (on Tuesday and Wednesday). Not only am I stressed about the actual meetings (new clients, new technical area, new geographic area, long meetings) but they are out of town so I will be away from home on Tuesday night. I HATE being away from home. I think back to when I lived in Glasgow for three years for work, or when I first came to Seattle (again, for work). I was so loney & homesick. I am so glad I don't ever have to do something like that again. But as a result I am so attached to my home and family. I am just counting down the hours until my meeting on Wednesday is over and I am on my way home... then I'll be into the final stretch before our vacation.

When I have to do things like this for work it really makes me think about what I could do differently. Staying home full-time is not an option. I need to find my passion . If I have to work 50 hours a week, I may as well enjoy it, or at least feel fulfilled as a result.

The other day I thought I had decided what I wanted to do. I told a couple friends and their luke-warm to outright negative reactions ("you don't have the education", "it would be a salary cut"... etc) made me rethink things and doubt myself.

I wish I could be one of those inspirational people who does something that no one thought was possible. I am my worst enemy because of my lack of confidence.

okay whine over.

- Karen out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Don't ever doubt yourself! Explore it and see if it is feasible. You are absolutely right when you say working all that time, you should do something you love...

4:59 PM  
Blogger JL said...

I am a firm believer in "you can do anything you want" department. I think you could do what you suggested and you could love it... so there to those nasty friends who didn't encourage you! God I HATE that!
You are so smart and sweet... You would be a success at anything you tried - I honestly believe that.
p.s. I will be thiking about you non stop -sneding you good vibes - until you are home from your trip

5:29 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

I agree with what JL said, you can do anything you want. At least try it out. It's not the other people doing it it's you and that's all that matters! Good luck on your trip! I hope it goes by fast for you!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home