Monday, October 31, 2005

So relieved

I've been feeling really anxious lately. I've been having anxiety attacks and just feeling stressed and unhappy. Most of these feeling have been manifesting themselves in my work. I've been stressing about work, which is impacting my efficiency, which in turn is stressing me out even more.

I had my review today. Sat down with two partners to talk about how I'm doing. I started off and told them that I've been feeling unsettled and gave them some thoughts on how I can get myself back on track. I was worried that they'd tell me to buck up and get to work. Instead they said that they are very happy with my work. They even passed on some commendations from one of my clients. They suggested that my feelings of unsettleness could stem from the way things in the office have changed and told me that they are experiencing similar feelings of unsettledness, but that things in our firm are exactly on track and that I shouldn't worry so much.

We then talked about business development opportunities and about some upcoming projects that we are going to be working on. All in all it was a great review. Considering how much I stressed all weekend and how nervous I was beforehand, I am now overcome with relief (that it is over) and happy that it went so well.

okay, with that... I will now get back to work :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

I am thrilled that you had a good review. Sorry to hear that you have been stressed. I hope that you can 'chill' soon and stay that way :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

sounds like a great review. hopefully that will help calm the nerves and anxiety some. I hope things settle down for you soon!

12:24 PM  
Blogger JL said...

Oh I am so glad K = this is great news... PHEW> what a great review!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home