Sunday, December 18, 2005

CJ's run

CJ started up running again recently. Within a couple months of running he is up to doing 5+ miles 3 or 4 times a week. I am very proud of him.

Today was his first official "race". It was a 5K in Kirkland. Poor CJ has a cold and so is feeling under the weather. He also didn't sleep well last night. But he still wanted to do the run.

So the whole family went. The kids and I went to cheer him on. Here he is before the race. (It was pretty chilly out... the kids were pretty bundled up) :)
DSCN0358

The kids and I left to let him warm up. We went off and grabbed a quick breakfast at our favorite place - George's.
DSCN0359

We finished breakfast just in time to walk outside and cheer Dad as he came around the corner (we were about 3 blocks from the start). He was looking good... very energetic.
DSCN0365

After he passed, we headed to the finish line which was dopwn by the water. Kenzie enjoyed feeding the ducks and Sebby had fun just crawling around and looking at rocks.
DSCN0390

DSCN0393

DSCN0381

So, we were just getting ready to leave the water and head to the finish line. The clock said 23:00. I figured CJ would be crossing the finish at about 27:00... but nooooooo... i look up and there he was running towards the finish. I grabbed Sebby and ran over to take a picture but I was too late. CJ finished the run in about 24 minutes. That's under 8 minutes/mile. I was so proud.

This is him right after we met up with him, getting a congratulatory hug from his kiddos.
DSCN0384

I'm very proud of you honey. I love you! :)

Now, we are off to relax and watch football all afternoon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and I hate him. I train for 8 months and didn't make it under 25 (almost - next time!) and CJ runs 24 on his first run, with a cold.

We have something in common thought - Raina missed me finishing as well.

4:05 PM  
Blogger JL said...

wow! CJ you are awesome. I am so impressed! really!
and you look better than ever dude.
Cj is so inspiring. I shoudl start running when this sinus infection clears... I want to look as good as CJ

k - you have such a great family.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

CJ looks great and his accomplishments are so impressive!

My husband ran so much in basic; he has told me that the only way he'll run again is if someone is chasing him, and even then it depends on who it is. :p

1:24 AM  
Blogger EarleneW said...

That is awesome CJ! I know you are so proud of him K!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, WTG CJ!! What an inspiration!
BTW, the park you played with the kids at the beach was where DH and I spent our first evening getting to know each other.
It is also the same place where my brother got bit in the butt by a goose, when he was five. Ahh, the memories!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go CJ!

Ashleigh

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home