Thursday, December 22, 2005

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve, Eve

It's my last day of work before Christmas! I have two things I HAVE to get done... I am going to do then right away and then call CJ and he's going to pick me up from work. I am hoping to be done by 3:00 today. WOOT! Let the fun begin!

A couple interesting tidbits of information.

1. CJ and the kids drove me to work today. As I was walking from the car to Starbucks, I slipped and fell (damn wet hills in Seattle). If that wasn't humiliating enough, I peed myself when I landed. I don't care if everyone on the Internet knows this. It's a fact of life. After women have kids they pee themselves often (think... sneezing, coughing, falling, laughing.... breathing). HA! So, I am now going comando. Just wanted to share.

2. In Starbucks this morning, there were three big burly construction workers sitting at a table having their morning coffee. I was listening in on their conversation as I put the cream into my coffee. They were talking about Christmas cookie recipes. For some reason that touched me. It was sweet and amusing at the same time.

.... the end.

7 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

aw I think that is sweet about the construction guys too...
sorry you peed yourself - I am actually giggling as I write this.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hmmm. TMI? Sorry you had to go commando today. That's gotta be an, um, odd feeling.

I think the construction worker guys thing is sweet, too. I can just see it now...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. I'm a (ggod) lurker and your blog is one of the first sites I check in the morning. Honestly, I read Rosie's blog, then yours, then on to Ebay ... LOL. I'm a Mom of a 10 month old, so it's enjoyable to read about your family's adventures. I have to say ... this post was my favorite. I can just imagine those big burly guys sitting there discussing Christmas Cookies! Take care and Merry Christmas!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

Just want to say the (ggod) was supposed to be (good) ... typo!
- M

6:16 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Missy, Thanks for your comments. That was sweet. Were you the one who asked about the colour of the paint in our family room? I feel bad that I never responded but the reason is that i don't know. we didn't have any of the paint left and I can't remember the name of it. Sorry!

Merry Christmas to you too.

- K

9:12 AM  
Blogger Missy Glave said...

Hi Karen ... Yes, I'm the one that asked about the paint color. I will one day find what I call the perfect "Trading Spaces Green" paint color ... LOL. When I was pregnant, I went to Home Depot and chose about 20 different green paint chips and taped them on my wall to decide. They were up there for about 3 months and my husband said "Missy ... you have to take those paint chips down". So ... here I am a year later with still no green walls. Anyway ... here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

3:41 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

awe karen! your blog always makes me smile. sorry you peed yourself but i did laugh at that.
too sweet about the construction guys, i always find it interesting too that most have salads at lunch time (just doesnt fit the stereo type for me....although my dad was a general contractor so it should).

I hope you all have a wonderful christmas!!! enjoy your time off.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home