Friday, February 17, 2006

sometimes I feel sorry for us

Today is one of those days that I wish life were a bit easier. I am still battling a cold and feel crappy. I'm exhausted because I (and CJ) have been up with Seb every night this week.

I had a really hectic work week.. and an especially tiring day today. I did way too much driving, and had two big meetings, both of which required more effort from me than I expected (e.g. this morning I went to a meeting thinking I'd be one of 200 people in attendance at a general assembly and I ended up doing a presentation for an international steering committee). A director at my firm asked me to go to both these meetings but didn't explain what was expected of me (I have a feling that he didn't really know himself) ... so I'm kinda pissed with him. Don't ask me to cover for you and not prepare me for what I'm in for.

I miss my family. I left the house this morning shortly after 7:00 am and didn't get home until just before 9:00 pm. Seb was already in bed... Kenzie had waited up for me.

and while I am being all "woe is me"... CJ is also battling a cold and taking care of two sick kids. His life doesn't sound like much fun either. He went to bed as soon as I got home (because he feels like crap) so I hardly got to talk to him and I miss him now too.

Work is so busy these days that I will have to go into the office on Monday even though it is a holiday and I was really looking forward to spending some time with my peeps.

I know i am being whiney today. I must be tired. I will go to bed now.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrsf1231 said...

big hugs and fhk's to you! I am rigth there with you. Kendall tells me every day and night she doesnt want me to go to work. SUCKS! damn my grandparents should of been rich!
I hope you catch a break at work soon so that you can take a day and just hang with the fam.

I miss you!

1:12 PM  
Blogger JL said...

aw Karen. Big Hugs to you.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home