Saturday, February 11, 2006

From bad to good

My day today started off not so great. I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed. I was tired and cranky and not looking forward to the day. I let CJ sleep in and he kindly returned the favor, letting me go back to bed after he got up. I got in a good nap until 10:30. Ahhhh, I have never appreciated sleep as much as I have since the kids were born... well more specifically, since Sebby was born. ha!

Midday, CJ and I took the kids swimming. Like last week, we had a blast. I was very impressed with Kenzie when she wanted to jump in by herself and NOT have me catch her. So she did it and her head went under water. I picked her up quickly. She looked a bit shocked but when she saw me and her Dad clapping for her I think she was very proud.

We came home and everyone took naps. Swimming is great in that sense. It makes everyone sleep well. I thought it was cute when Kenzie wanted to do "3 things I'm thankful for" before her nap today... it's usually only a nighttime routine. Her list included being thankful for swimming, for mummy being home for the weekend and for a daddy who makes her laugh. All in all pretty good things. It made me feel like we are doing something right in this whole parenting area.

After naps, CJ did some errands while the kids and I played. He's back now and we are going to watch some Olympics and relax. Tomorrow CJ is doing a Valentine's Day 5K run and we are going to watch and cheer him on. Ah weekends are good!

Here are some recent pics.

Kenzie dressed herself last night.
DSCN1184

Looking out the window.
DSCN1212

why is it so hard to have 2 kids looking at the camera at the same time?
DSCN1197

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Getting A and R to pose simultaneously is impossible as well.
O saw a little girl dressed in a princess outfit at the grocery store yesterday. Made me think of Kenze :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger JL said...

I love that three things too!
You guys are the coolest family!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home