Monday, January 23, 2006

Quick Update

We are here in Toronto. Things are fairly good. CJ and I have gotten to go out for dinner without kids. It was delicious. We ate escargo.... ha!!!

The kids have been fairlly good, although Kenzie is a bit clingy. But I understand that. She's been meeting lots of new people and there has been lots going on. Right now she is at the library with Omi. They have a great kids library here.

I've enjoyed hanging out with Andrea and Chris. We always have good laughs. I like him. I approve. :) I also went with Andrea to pick up her wedding dress. She looks stunning. She really does. I am excited about saturday but on the other hand I don't want it to come too soon because after that it's time to go home again.

Mum got mad at CJ (implied that he was being lazy and not helping me with the kids). It wasn't the case at all and more importantly it wasn't her place to say anything to him or accuse him of anything. So that's caused a bit of stress for us. Poor CJ is walking on eggshells and I'm not sure how tough of a stand I should take with my mum. I got very upset with her and she apologized to me profusely... key phrase "to me". She still hasn't apologized to CJ.... ah, family stresses.

Anyhow. That's life.

I met up with my good friend Ewa yesterday. It was wonderful to see her. We've been friends for 17 years now. She's been through a lot since we last saw each other... she was a SAHM living with her husband and two kids last time we met up. Now she's divorced, finished getting her early childhood education degree, living with her parents (and her kids) and has a job as a preschool director. I am proud of her. She's a tough cookie!

On Wednesday night I am meeting up with one of my "board friends", (you know... the freaky internet people) Kat. It's a ladies night out and I am excited!

So, that's it for now. I'll leave you with some recent pictures. Kenzie has become addicted to pool. I fully support it. She can become a pool shark and pay her way through college. :) BTW, excuse the dust on the lamp. This is my old pool table in my mum's house. She never uses it and hardly ever goes into the "game room".

DSCN0996

DSCN0990

Here's a cute picture of mum and Kenzie. :)
DSCN0975

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Karen,
We miss you guys here! Let's do drinks soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a blast @ the wedding. Congratulations to your sister.
:-) Hadley

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Your husband is a great guy & Dad. We all know that:-)

11:44 AM  
Blogger JL said...

miss you Karen - cannot wait to have sushi when we both get back!
Love love
p.s. have fun at the wedding :)

9:02 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

adorable pictures as always! Have a blast this weekend at the wedding!.
Miss you!

7:44 PM  
Blogger MaryBeth said...

How was meeting up with Kat? How was the wedding? Getjerass to posting some details!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home