Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Perfect Day

Today was a pretty great day. Let me start from the end...

The Wheelers came over tonight. The Wheelers are our best friends. Darwin was the best man at our wedding, Dawn and Darwin are God parents to our kids, they live 4 houses down from us, and they are just wonderful people.

The Wheelers and us Ingrams have gone through alot together. We know alot about each other and we still love each other ;-) Dawn and Darwin, you guys are wonderful. You are both awesome, strong, loving people, and I am so proud and glad that we are family! :)

The girls had a blast tonight, and Dawn... thanks for getting tipsy with me. It's been a long time since we did this and I really miss it! Gregory was an absolute angel. I hope he sleeps well for you tonight. Here are some pics...

The girls...
DSCN0935

Gabby, the monkey.
DSCN0933


okay, I'm sleepy and we did a heck of a lot today so ... here's a brief summary of our day.

AT 11:00 Sam and Charles dropped off Jess. we spent the morning hanging out, blowing bubbles and just ... well not doing anything special.

Jess and Kenzie blowing bubbles for Seb.
DSCN0857

Then, at 1:00, we all took naps. CJ snuck off at 2:00 to go to his race. He did a 5 mile trail run/race today. It was pouring rain and the trail must have been a mess of mud and horse poop, but he did it anyway.

At 3:00 Jess helped me get the kids ready and we headed out to watch CJ finish the race and cheer him across the finish line. It was pretty fun to watch him finish. He sure looks sexy all wet, muddy and sweaty. Can I brag about my husband? He came in 17th in the 5 mile run. I don't know how many people ran it but I do know that there were plenty of runners crossing the finish line after CJ who looked like they ran 20 miles every day and were very "seasoned" runners. My hubby is a hottie!

Here he is crossing the finish line.
DSCN0868

and after meeting up with us.
DSCN0872

here's me and Seb under the umbrella.
DSCN0873

CJ was a bit muddy, so we sent him home to clean up while I took the kids to Phoebe's birthday party.
DSCN0874

Now let's talk about this birthday party. Our buddy Phoebe turned 4. I have never seen a 4 year old's birthday party with quite so many people. I would guess that there were 40 kids (and their affiliated parental units). It was held at Georges restaraunt. What an amazing party. The kids all loved Bubbles the clown. And everyone had an absolute blast!

DSCN0889

The birthday girl had a fun....
DSCN0897

DSCN0917

and all the guests had a great time too. Pete and Hadley... THANK YOU! We had so much fun! Happy Birthday Phoebe! Here are some of my favorite pictures...

Deb and Gregory
DSCN0909

CJ and Seb
DSCN0906

Andrew and Jackson
DSCN0907

Check out this party!!!!!
DSCN0927

Birthday Dad and little sister
DSCN0924

So, after that we came home, the Wheelers came over and we stayed up far to late, let the kids stay up too late, and now it's time for bed.

Good Night and Sleep tight!

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

wow great pics... crazy weekend!
sounds like so much fun. I cannot believe pheobe's party... awesome!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow Karen! That's a heckuva party! That birthday girl has some style. :)

Congratulations to CJ on his accomplishment, that is awesome. :)

Don't you just love perfect days like that? They're few and far between, but that's what makes them so special.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home