Saturday, January 07, 2006

There is something to be said about grey

I'm usually the type of person that is pretty "black or white". I love something or I hate it. I'm great at something or terrible. I CAN do something or I won't even try. I like someone or I hate them. I am a success or a complete failure.

I've decided to try to adopt a new philosophy that I will apply to many areas of my life. I's called the "grey philosophy". It will be okay to do things in moderation. It will be okay to do something 'adequately'. It will be okay not to be perfect.

I'm hoping that this new philosophy will reduce self-induced stress and lead to a greater sense of contentment.

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

you and I are so alike Karen!
I should adopt the grey too....

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been grey all my life... it's good to have a place to reach for.

The wonderfull thing about being in a grey space and accepting it/being happy about it is that you get to improve.

And no-one ever gets to perfect white.

100% is asymptotic.

Does that make any sense?

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home