Friday, December 30, 2005

Reflections of 2005

It's been a great year. I would like to reflect on some of the good times in the past year:

- I got to spend the first 3 months of 2005 at home with my two wonderful kids. It was great to be able to spend time with Sebby when he was still little and smushy. I really enjoyed hanging out with my friends over coffee (lots of coffee) and having good chats.
mumandseb

- CJ became a Stay at home dad and he is better at it than I could have ever imagined. He is the best Dad and the kids are so darn lucky to have him at home these days.
dadandk

- My sister Andrea fell in love and got engaged. I am absolutely thrilled about this. Andrea and Chris... i wish you years and years of happiness together.

- We had a great summer in Seattle. I really got into gardening and I have many fond memories of hanging outside with the kids playing on the playset and spending time at the beach.
PA220020

P7250003

- Our friend Charles came back from Iraq safe and sound. He proposed to my dear friend Sam and they will be getting married next summer. Congratulations you two.
Mt. Pilchuck

- Our good friends Steve and Nabila welcomed their beautiful new daughter Jasmine into the world. and Dawn and Darwin (I love you guys) welcomed their handsome new man, Gregory. I love you two kids!
PA090021

- We enjoyed our first family vacation. The Oregon coast was awesome.
PA010027

- I found a hobby that I love - blogging and picture taking.

- I got to see CJ's band get better and better. I was able to attend a couple of their gigs, which I loved. and it made me so proud.
PB160051

- My Dad finished his plane and is now able to come visit us much more often (1.5 hour flight)
dadasplane

- I went to Philidelphia to meet a bunch of my friends. We had such a good time. I am so grateful that I didn't pass out first!
PB110025

- I made some new friends and became closer to some that I had before. I am truly blessed to have the friends I do.
P7240002

- CJ impressed me so much by losing weight and getting healthy and in shape. Honey you are an inspiration.
DSCN0384

- I was able to witness a beautiful sibling relationship develop
PA130036

It's been a great year! Thanks to everyone in my life who has made it so wonderful! Here's to a fabulous 2006!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Karen & family, Thanks for being such a great friend and thank you for sharing your life with us in your blog. It's on days like this when the rain is pouring down and I read your blog and remember all the fun we've have this year. You know what... next year is gonna be even better !

Love from Nabila

6:45 PM  
Blogger JL said...

Happy New year Karen - this is such a sweet post. Thank you for making my year great!
See you tomorrow.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

That is such a terrific documentary of your year! Very cool. Gotta run. I have a birthday party I need to get everyone ready for!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, I'm touched by your kind words about new friends. If I had a blog, I'd say the same thing about you! Thanks for making the first year of motherhood so much fun for me!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home