Thursday, January 12, 2006

current thoughts

1. Thank GOD I got my greencard stuff sorted out. I went back there yesterday, paid my $5 for parking, went through security, waited in line, only to find out that the USCIS have changed their procedures so that you now need to schedule an appointment for basically.... everything. So I went home, got on-line and scheduled an appointment for 7:20 am this morning. Got up super early for the 3rd day in a row, paid ANOTHER $5 for parking (the parking attendant even recognized me today "You back again?!" he asked) and went through all the hoopla (signatures, pictures, finger prints etc), but walked out with a new stamp in my passport and new greencard supposedly on it's way to me in 3 to 6 months. So I can now legally come back into the US after my trip to Canada for Andrea's wedding.

2. I had a nice time last nice with the ladies, but missed Nabila, Dawn and Christy. I hope they are all doing well.

3. My mood swings these days are terrible. I mean I have moments when I am so depressed and others when I have not a care in the world. I really need to speak to a professional. I am seriously starting to wonder if I'm bi-polar. I'll add this to my list of misc things to research next time I am surfing the web.

4. Work is going well. There is a task that I was procrastinating on because I was scared to look like an idiot, but I am trying to stick to my "grey philosophy", so I just dove in and started making phone calls. The people I spoke to have been really helpful and I'm making progress. It feels good.

5. I am looking forward to the weekend and to our trip to Toronto next week. I am excited about spending time with Andrea, mum, my friends and seeing a whole bunch of relatives.

6. I am stressed about the work I have to get done before I leave.

Here are some pics I took last night.

HOP ON POP!
DSCN0819

ME and THE BOO
DSCN0841 DSCN0840 DSCN0838

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

cute pics!
sorry about the moods... but I highly doubt you are bi-polar - JMO

I miss you though,,, and love you

5:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a freaking ordeal with the greencard. I'm so glad that's straightened out for you.

And I agree with JL, I seriously doubt you are bipolar. Be careful about self-diagnosis, especially with stuff you read on the net.

I hope things look up soon. And the pictures makes me smile. :)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home