Tuesday, January 17, 2006

RIOT

I've been emailing with my sister, Andrea, today, talking about her wedding. I asked her where we'd be sitting. This was the email correspondence that followed.

Andrea: "You're unfortunately stuck with me! It will be me, Chris, Isaac, you, CJ, Mackenzie, Mom, Dad, and Chris' parents... "

Me: "Oh My God! You and Chris are sitting with the kids, the parents and the in-laws? Are you insane??!!! Your wedding is supposed to be fun for you! ha ha ha. I'm excited. This is going to be a riot!"

Andrea: "Definitions of riot (I hope the riot you are referring to falls into category 5 and 6 (and not 1 or 2)! ) :

1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.
2. Law. A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.
3. An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.
4. A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.
5. Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry.
6. Debauchery."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home