Saturday, April 29, 2006

is this my mid-life crisis?

I thought I was too young for this, but lately I am seriously starting to think I am going through a midlife crisis. I feel unsettled, emotional, and basically,,,, a mess. So... I apologize to my friends who I have been neglecting... Dawn, Karen, JL - I am sorry I have been so self-absorbed and distracted lately. I am trying to get back on an even keel.

Thank you to Amy. I appreciate your friendship, compassion and understanding.

And thank goodness for my family. Today was a good day for me. CJ, thanks for being there for me. For your hugs and for always making me laugh. It was a refreshing day. I was able to let go of a lot of stress from work and just have fun with the kids. The day started with Kenzie and I going to the store to buy supplies for her hot dog party tomorrow. We have been talking about having a hot dog party since we first read the "Don't let the pigeon stay up late" book. I am psyched that tomorrow it's going to happen.

After we came home I was able to have a good chat with my friend Erin who made me laugh and feel like "all was right with the world" again.

After Seb woke from his nap we did some fingerpainting. It was hilarious. It's good when you just let go and not worry about your kitchen floor. That's when the fun begins.

P1010016

After naps I was able to visit my friend Ursula and meet new baby boy Fiarchra. He is darling and slept teh whole time so we could actually ahve a chat.

Tonight CJ and the kids and I just hung out and played and had fun. I gotta say... playdoh rocks. We've been playing with play doh for two years now and I still love it.

P1010003

I love this picture. Seb is a ham.
P1010029

Here's a picture of me and my loves watching TV before bedtime.
P1010014

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where does seb get his hair done....

And if you are having a midlife crisis you should enjoy it - go buy a porsche or something like that.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Hugsto you! I love the pictures. I wish I could have seen you today.

4:50 PM  
Blogger JL said...

you look so great Karen.
I love you....
I cannot wait to schedule a dinner soon

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home