Tuesday, April 25, 2006

where are you from

Note: I used a "template" to write the following. The template can be found at this blog site. You should all try it. It's fun. And it certainly made me a rather nostalgic.

I am from catching minnows in the creek, from swimming pools in every backyard, from playing hide and seek long after the sun had gone down, from chasing the ice cream "bicycle", from long car rides to the cottage.

I am from hot chocolate after a day of cross-country skiing, from making apple crisp with rosy cheeks upon the return home.

I am from geranium trees by the front door, from the vegetable garden along the side of the house, from the prickly raspberry bushes along the fence, and from the playhouse built by dad and enhanced with paintings of Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

I am from fondue on Christmas Eve, from champagne brunches on summer Sunday's. I'm from 'mum and dad' and Aunt Maria and Omi Bonn and cousin Sean.

I am from the worriers and givers, from the over achievers and under-believers.

I am from the catholics, the newborn Christians, and am now with the roughened believers in God.

I'm from Canada, I am from Germany. From gulash and roladen, from spetzle and vanilla gipfeln, from dinner at lunchtime, and fruit torten.

From the flying chickens on the walls, the poor overheated dead frogs, and the 35 year old college student, mother with a full time job.

I am from love, and agression, and compassion and need.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy Glave said...

Karen ... this was an absolutely, positively, beautiful work of art with words.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home