Monday, August 14, 2006

weekend update

We had a good weekend. Mum went away to the cottage and as horrible it is to say, it was very nice that she was gone. It’s been a bit stressful with all of us in the same house so CJ and I were able to relax and not worry about the place being messy or the kids eating a bit of junk food. We had a really nice weekend. On Saturday one of my “board friends” Michelle, came over with her husband and her kids. We had a great time. It was so nice for CJ and I to have some socialization with people our own age. Also Michelle and Jamie recently (a year ago) moved back to Canada from the States - so they were totally familiar with all the hassles that we have gone through. We had a nice morning and a barbeque. At 1:00 I had to run to the bank to sign mortgage papers so that cut our visit short… but I am looking forward to when we get together again.

Here are some pics.

Kenzie and Kirsten
friends 006

Lauren and Sebby
friends 004

The tea party.
friends 009

The kid’s table.
friends 014

The adults table.
friends 013

Michelle and Lauren.
friends 016

Then, on Sunday we went shopping! CJ and I bought a beautiful new bedroom set. I am so excited. We finally get our king sized bed that I have wanted for so long. Here’s a link. I also got some bedding and stuff for the kids’ new rooms from Pottery barn Kids… their stuff is just sooooo adorable. I am so excited to decorate the rooms! We get the keys to our new house tomorrow. Mum will be watching the kids while CJ moves our stuff. In the evenings CJ and I will unpack and get the house ready and the kids will come over on the weekend. I REALLY want to have Mackenzie’s room painted pink before she arrives… she would absolutely FLIP!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. Nice to see you updated your profile... Got message from CJ. The kids and I will call you wed. to give you a little break from the moving.
DW1

12:16 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Aww, I love the pics!

2:48 PM  
Blogger EarleneW said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend! I love the new bed and can't wait to see the kids new rooms!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home