Saturday, August 05, 2006

African Lion Safari

Today we went to the African Lion Safari. I must admit that it, by far, exceeded my expectations. First of all it’s only about a 40 minute drive from here. We got there and decided to walk around a bit first. We ended up in a little toddler play ground. We were the only people there and the kids had fun.

SAFARI 008

SAFARI 012

Next we did our safari drive. You can either go on one of the official buses or you can drive through yourself. We chose to drive through ourselves. It was awesome. It was the people who were in their “car-cages” and the animals had lots of room to roam. All the animals would come right up to the cars. The monkeys were awesome they’d jump on people’s cars and come super close.

Check out the monkeys on the car behind us.
SAFARI 025

Here are a few more.
SAFARI 031

SAFARI 021

SAFARI 039

The giraffes were cool too. They were so tame. We were supposed to keep our windows closed. I think I know why… this giraffe kept sticking his head right in this car in front of us. It was funny.

SAFARI 044

SAFARI 048

After the “tour” we had fun at the safari water park. The kids had a great time playing in the water and going down the slides. Kenzie was very proud to show us everything she has learned in the past week at swim lessons. What a great place.

SAFARI 064

SAFARI 062

SAFARI 054

SAFARI 053

Look at this handsome guy!
SAFARI 059

To end the adventure we went to this little patio where the kids had pizza and I had an ice cold beer (CJ stuck with water). What a great day. I am sure we will all sleep well tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger EarleneW said...

I LOVE African Lion Safari. I haven't been there in years, but we just found some pictures not too long ago from the last time we were there!
I bet the kids had a blast!

10:36 PM  
Blogger mrsf1231 said...

that looks so fun!!! there is a safari at our Six Flags that we used to go through when I was younger, very cool!

2:15 PM  
Blogger JL said...

wow that is so awesome!
Love the pics - looks like so much fun!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I haven't logged on in tooooooo long. I haven't been online in over a week. I miss you guys! Love the house!!
Hadley:-)

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home