Thursday, July 06, 2006

we're here

posting from the library again. Mum's computer is in the room where Sebby sleeps and it's dial-up. That situation is not very conducive to me getting on-line much.

First of all.. Dawn and Darwin, thanks for hosting such an incredible going away party for us. It was wonderful and I feel so blessed to have you in our lives. Needless to say, I was a little hung over on the plane ride to Toronto. :) I have pictures on teh camera that I don't remember being taken... more specifically, picxtures of me chugging Jim Beam out of the bottle. Niiiiiice.

So, CJ and I are both here now. It has been a bit of a whirlwind the last few days. We've been spending lots of time with my mum and Andrea, going to the park, playing in the backyard, going to the library and doing fun kids stuff. Today we went to the park and met up with Kenzie's first friend - Leah, 3-1/2. Isn't it amazing how easily kids make friends. They have met in the park a couple times before but today it was like they had known each other for years! Leah has a little brother Ethan - Ethan is one month older than Sebastian - how perfect is that.

CJ and I have also been very busy getting our new life here started. It's amazing how many things there are to do... first and foremost buying a house. We looked at some yesterday. We found a couple we liked but we'd like to see some more before we make any major decision.

We've also rented a car, gotten new cell phones, opened bank accounts etc etc.

anyhow... right now life is busy and it's exciting and scary.

8 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

wow life is just cruising along - huh karen? I miss you tons but I am so happy things are all fitting into place. :) HUGS

6:08 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

I'm so happy for you, and so excited about your fresh start! Enjoy it!

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you posted been checking everyday. we miss you guys:-) Hadley

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you. You'll have to update your Bio now.

Take care
The Laceys

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Karen and CJ,

I too have been looking everyday for your posting. Sorry I missed your party, glad things are running along out there. Your Van is safe and sound till it gets shipped on the 24th of July.

Love ya, Deb

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are there all safe and sound and settling in. Been hoping to hear from you that all was okay. Thanks for posting. Call when you can. Miss ya lots! :) Brian and Bridgett

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys! It has been really hard without you, but we are adjusting. Gabby has now named the fish "Gobble". Where do these kids come up with the names? Love Ya
The 4 Wheelers

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss emailing you.......it's not the same:-( boohoo
HAD

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home