Monday, June 26, 2006

Things I had forgotten about Canada

1. Hickory sticks, chocolate, smarties!
2. French, french everywhere
3. Most Canadians are very patriotic and also very proud of their (European, or other) heritage - I was amazed at how many different flags I saw on people's cars (for the world cup)
4. No Fred Meyer - you have to drive to 4 different stores to get your shopping done. (no beer or wine in grocery stores - grrrr)
5. The heat! It felt tropical.
6. The town where I grew up is really beautiful. I was a very lucky kid.
7. The selection of cookies in the grocery store is incredible.
8. My mom has a TON of friends! (that makes me happy)
9. The traffic
10. It still feeels like home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy Glave said...

Karen, I've been to Canada only once. My husband was there for two weeks taking a class and I went with him on vacation. We were there in January 2003 ... it was soooooo cold! It's actually the first time I've ever really seen snow. What I really remember about visiting is all the Tom Horton's. My gosh ... there was practically one on every single corner. I was astounded!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home