Friday, June 09, 2006

the band

there is a lot of history behind the band. First there was the Trash Monquies. This was before my time, but I was able to enjoy the music from the CD. Then there was Clayton Park. Then, after the fun "band renaming gig" CP became Cousin Phil. I have so many amazing memories of Cousin Phil.... some of which invlove dancing like a crazy person with all my friends to the song with no words! or crying to "what's going on" after 9-11. I also have fond memories of the afternoon party at the Farmhouse. And I will never forget the gig at Jo's on April 21st, 2001 :D

Then there was Spank. Steve, Tom, Ebo and CJ made some pretty awesome funky and fun music. Tonight was Spank's last gig. It was incredible. Everyone came out. People I haven't seen since the Smokey Joe's days were there... even Jo was there! :) The band sounded awesome. Guys, you sounded fantastic tonight!

These are my friends. I love you all SO MUCH! Thank for for being my friends.

The girls
last gig 027

Brent and Abbey
last gig 036

The band
last gig 037

My sexy husband
last gig 040

The bald guys (Nick and CJ)
last gig 023

The Barker-Kenyon's
last gig 021

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
last gig 015

me and Karen
last gig 008

I love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

Awww....that is so cool, Karen. I know it's sad to move on, but you'll make NEW great memories, and you'll always have these friends. An end of an age, kind of, huh? I feel for you. That's always hard.

Tell Karen I said hello! She was SO cool. I'm glad she came out with us!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Karen. You guys will truly be missed.

Samantha

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home