Wednesday, June 07, 2006

so the house is on the market

It's on the market. I hope it sells quickly because it's really hard having it "for sale". First of all it's hard (especially for CJ) to keep it spotless, with the toys put away, waste bins empty and dishes put away every time we leave the house. Then, it's hard knowing that strangers are walking through your house and "evaluating it". I also am having a hard time hearing negative feedback from our realtor - things like "they thought the kitchen was too small", or "they didn't like the street noise". I feel personally insulted and hurt whenever I hear something like that. Also, I am really dissappointed in the pictures that the realtor took and uploaded. They don't do our house justice, and I KNOW that pictures are one of the most important things when a buyer is looking on-line.

I am really in a bad place emotionally right now. I feel drained from everything:- job hunting, accepting a job, quitting mine, telling our friends we are moving, getting our house ready to go on the market (all the disruption, noise, construction), getting ready to go to Toronto in a couple weeks with the intention of buying a new house. I am already feeling sad about being away from CJ for a week, and then being away from the kids for a week. I don't know how I am going to feel when we are in Toronto and I realize that we are away from our friends.

Tomorrow night CJ's band is having their last gig. It is going to be very hard for CJ and for all of us watching (being with friends and watching CJ play in the band are some of the best memories I have - ever!). I hope that the night doesn't turn into a sad event.

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

Oh Karen...
this is so much. I am so sorry it is hard for you... and it is a difficult situation. But is will all work out. The middle part (now) is the worst.
I love you and am here for you anytime.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home