Monday, May 15, 2006

Against all odds, I'm in a good mood

It's Monday morning after being awake since midnight (I couldn't turn my brain off) and I am in a good mood!

I have coffee, I brought in some fresh lilac from the garden and I have NO MEETINGS today!

Some random thoughts follow:

1. Congratulations CJ! You did such a fantastic job yesterday. For those who are wondering, CJ ran his first "official" half marathon yesterday. He has run 13+ miles in training but never in an official race. Despite his cold he ran teh whole thing and finished in under 2 hours. I am so proud of you, honey. AND I am sorry I was such a complete grumpola yesterday the morning. Here's a picture from after the race.
P1010012

2. Congratulations Sam and Charles. You make a beautiful couple and you are both wonderful people. I am so excited that I will be going to your wedding.

We had a surprise wedding shower at our house on Saturday. I do believe that Sam was surprised (Good job Charles). If she had known, I'm sure she wouldn't have arrived so dressed up, or wearing those shoes :)

shower 020

shower 010

who is this devilishly handsome man?
shower 006

3. To my friends. Thank you to those who have been so wonderful and supportive since we announced that we were moving. I really appreciate it. I hope you all know that CJ and I love you guys so much. When we were talking about moving, the biggest issue working against a move was ... well you guys. You have been our family for years and we love you. We have a history and closeness that comes from riding the wave together (through ups and downs). I hope that you understand our motivations for moving and I hope you know that we are devesated to move away from you all. I know this sounds a bit touche but I hope we stay in touch. I will do my hardest to keep in touch with all of you through phone calls and emails and I really hope you do the same. We also really want to try to make a trip out to Seattle at leave once a year. Please don't be angry at us. We are sad too... very sad. In the effort to move closer to our family (biological), we are also leaving a family behind.

and just because I can, here are some pictures I took yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I can still feel the sun on my face and it feels good!
P1010027

P1010022

1 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

i love you karen - I am really sad you are going... but really happy for you. I will love you whether you live 15 minutes away for 5 hours by flight.
you are a true friend.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home