Sunday, May 28, 2006

rainy sundays

A bunch of women from my internet board are coming to Seattle next weekend. We are having a gift exchange the first day with the theme being "funky accessories". So today Kenzie and I went on a hunt for some funky accessories. And where else in Seattle would we go to find these, but.... Capitol Hill... the Capital of funkiness.

Unfortunately it rained the whole time. Fortunately Kenzie and I still had a great time.

You know what they say about kids making you stop and appreciate the little things. Well sure enough she did. She enjoyed jumping in the puddles, stopping in front of each property to read the street numbers that are in the sidewalk with tiny tiles. We enjoyed drinking hot chocolate and going to the little Sunday market. We stopped at the dancing footprints and learned how to do the Tango. :)

Oh yes,,, and we found a funky gift.

052806 001

052806 005

052806 007

052806 012

4 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

oh Karen that is so sweet!
I still need to get my gift!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww sounds like it was a good day! I have to get my gift as well. See ya in 5 days!! :)

Ashleigh

10:19 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Man, Kenz is gorgeous!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Awww....BEAUTIFUL pics of a great day! I can't WAIT!!!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home