Friday, May 26, 2006

garage sale success

So our garage sale was supposed to be today from noon to 8, and tomorrow from 9 to 4. This was clearly indicated on the signs, the newspaper ad and the notice on Craig's list. So when do you think people starting showing up?

Let me tell you... at about 9:00 am! Only three hours before the sale started.

anyhow, by 12:10 we had already sold two couches, our bedroom set and a number of other items. You know what really sucks. When people ask to buy something you have some sort of a "connection with". You give them a decent price and they haggle with you until you're practically paying them to take your stuff away. I found the whole process somewhat sad and demoralizing. In any case, by 4:00 we realized that our merchandise supply had dwindled to an embarrssingly low level.

By 5:00 we decided to call quits on the sale and cancel it for tomorrow. I am glad. Now we get to have fun instead of see our stuff "stolen" away.

Here are some pictures. We had quite a few people come. I'd say about 50 folks showed up throughout the day.

DSCN2643

DSCN2646

So, I went to the doctor today. My back has been really bad. She checked me out and took some X-rays. Turns out that it's just a bad sprain and should heal by itself within 4 weeks. Luckily the doc took pity on me and gave me some good meds to help me through the next few weeks.

That's it for today! I'm psyched that this is a 4 day weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home