Sunday, June 25, 2006

My birthday

So it's my 36th birthday today. I feel a bit under the weather... okay, more than a bit. I feel horrible. I can hardly talk. My flight yesterday was less than perfect. There were terrible thunderstorms in Denver so our descent was super turbulent. Now that I have children, my life seems a lot more valuable and as a result I am much more scared of flying. I had to practice deep breathing excercises the whole way down. I think my flight was the last to land before they started diverting planes away from the airport. The plane coming in from seattle (which was also the plane that was to take me TO Seattle) was diverted to Colorado Springs. As a result my flight was delayed about 3 hours. I finally got home at about 1:00 am Seattle time (4:00 am Toronto time). It was fabulous to see CJ again though. I missed him very much!

I have to admit that I am quite glad we don't have the kids today. It's nice to relax this morning, sit on the couch, watch some football and drink coffee. That's a pretty spectacular birthday present. I wish I was feeling better though. If I could I'd spend teh day in bed today. BUT, we have another Open House today. So soon we will get moving, take showers, and tidy up the house a bit. Then we are going out for lunch. Since we have to kill a few hours I think I will get my toes done and then after that perhaps do some shopping. I need a whole new "conservative" work wardrobe.

Tonight, CJ and I are going out for a birthday dinner with Leigh, David, Karen, Eric and JL. I am very much looking forward to it.

Since i miss the kiddos terribly, I will leave you with a few pictures I took yesterday. Mum had a little brunch yesterday and Andrea, Chris, Issac and Chris's parents came. It was so cool. It made me so excited to be together with extended family... I loved watching the kids play with their cousin Isaac, and to see Chris's parents playing with Isaac and Kenzie. It just warmed my heart. The thought that this will soon be a regular part of day-to-day life made me feel good about all the turmoil we have been through over the last few months.

DSCN3067

I love mum's backyard.
DSCN3062

the family
DSCN3054

this reminds me of my childhood
DSCN3059

1 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

Awww...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!! I hope you have a relaxing day!! Feel better!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home