Saturday, July 22, 2006

stressed out

Maybe I'm PMSing, but I'm having a hard time today. I am getting tired of living at my mum’s house. We are getting on top of each other and in each others space a lot. Also, the commute for me every day is quite a bit. If it’s clear sailing I can get to work in 45 minutes but ifr there is any traffic problems it’s usually more. One day this week it was raining and it took me an hour and a half to get home. Ugh.

On a better note though, my first week at the new job was good. I love the new people and I think the work there is really cool. After being without work for the first 3 days I was getting pretty stressed but then I had a good chat with one of the principals and we decided to go after a big job. I am putting the proposal together and I will be going in as PM. If we win the job it will be a big win for the company and a GREAT start for me. It would be great to win it since it’d be the largest project I’ve ever managed. I’d be doing exactly what I have always wanted to do. I can’t believe that it took as long as it did for me to make this change.

Living in Canada is good and CJ and I are enjoying some of the benefits to being here. But I think we both miss our friends a lot. I am aching to have a ladies night out just to shoot the shit and relax a bit.

The house hunt is going well. We found a few houses that we like. Right now it has come down to two and CJ and I don’t know which one we want to put an offer in on. We will make a decision within the next couple days and will hopefully have an accepted offer by the end of the week.

So that’s my news. As always, I’ll leave you with some new pictures.

Seb in the library.
july 6 029

CJ and Kenz at the park.
july 6 020

The kids with their new friends.
july 6 017

TV faces
july 4 004

This is one dedicated bbq'er.
july 10 001

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see a "blue" bottle in the pict. What's the import price for a fine Miller Lite there? Sure bet he would've liked the many, many, many non-import Miller Lites we had camping this weekend. Caught about 15 brook trout too. All of 'em were to small to keep, but the kids loved touching them and watching me catch them. Glad to hear you may have found a place.
As you were....

DW1

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home