Monday, November 20, 2006

weekend in review

It was a good weekend all round. On Friday CJ and I went curling while his mom watched the kids. We played against our old teammates and lost miserably. But we still had fun and lots of laughs all round. It’s nice when the people you play with and against are not super serious.

On Saturday CJ had to go to a work training course in the morning so the kids and I hung out with Pat and didn’t do much of anything. In the afternoon after CJ got home and his mom left I went shopping and got a bunch of scrapbooking stuff. When the kids woke up from their naps I took them to my mom’s house and left CJ at home to watch the Ohio State vs Michigan game. On my way I called him and asked him to pause the game after before the 4th quarter started so I could watch the last quarter with him. So I got home around 7:20 and we were all ready to watch the rest of the game when we realized that our sub-par Tivo-equivalent screwed up and that the last 30 minutes of the game did not get recorded. Well then there was a mad panic to find out what the final score was. CJ got the final score - 42 to 39 for the buckeyes!!! and he and I whooped and hollered in the kitchen for a while 

We were invited to a party that night but we were both way too tired and drained so we decided to skip it and stay home. It was actually really nice. I did a few more scrapbooking pages, we watched a few episodes of LOST season 2 and went to bed relatively early. It was so nice to sleep in on Sunday morning.. I mean SOOOOOO NICE! So CJ went to pick up the kiddos and my friend Ewa came over. We had coffee and chit chatted for a while before heading out to the Toronto Christmas Sgow. It was so fun. All kids of neat decorations, stockings, food items, beer, wine, etc. We spent about 2 hours at the show. I was so happy to have found this one little booth. They had all the little wooden Christmas decorations that I remember as a kid (made in Germany). Everything is hand crafted and they are so detailed. I bought a small candle holder. It has 2 levels of figures and when the candles are lit, the little “wings” at the top move from the heat of the candle and it spins around. The kids LOVE it. I also got some hot pepper jelly for CJ and some crackers for our Christmas dinner.

nov 19 010

Last night we stayed home and just hung out. It was a nice weekend. This is a short week at work for us. CJ is only working today and tomorrow. I am also working a half day on Wednesday. And then we are off to Seattle for Thanksgiving. WOOT!

Hey… if any Seattlite’s read this… CJ and I will be at the Lucky 7 on Wednesday night around 9:45 (we’re going to have the cab driver drop us off there with all our bags). Come join us…. PLEASE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

HOw about you come down to Manzanita (Oregon) and meet us! Aww, come on, it will be fun!!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home