Thursday, April 05, 2007

a mother's pride

I took kenzie to her swimming lesson yesterday. She was very excited about it.

When we got to the pool her teacher, Monica, did a role-call. Kenzie stepped right up and said "here" when her name was called. There were 4 little girls in her class. One of which was very apprehensive and didn't go in the water at all. The other three did great. I stood in the viewing area, beaming like an idiot the whole half hour. I saw that she easily made friends with the other girls and they giggled and chatted in between excercises. Kenzie also volunteered to go first with everything from the starfish, to blowing bubbles, to head in the water. and... get this... she even jumped in without holding anyone's hands. She's never done that before. and she looked so scared before. But she did it. My little girl did it. I was so damn proud of her. And you should have seen how proud she looked afterwards.

She was tired last night but I imagine it was a good tired. I love being a mom!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

Awwww....you should be proud. She in an amazing little girl! Go Kenz!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home