Saturday, February 24, 2007

mid-weekend update

So the past few days I’ve been on a bit of a roller coaster. I’m getting pretty stressed about work. I have so little to do and I can’t stand doing nothing. I can’t even write a paper for a conference or study for some sort of certification because a) I haven’t “managed” any of my own projects lately to write about and b) I can’t think of anything to study for. I have written so many proposals lately and I just NEED a win. I need one little win. I need to manage a project and feel like I have some responsibility and a purpose.

Anyhow, enough about that.

So far our weekend has been fairly good. Curling last night was a lot of fun. Especially since CJ and I were responsible for our come from behind win. Today we started off the day by going to a place called Reptilia with CJ’s buddy, Richard, and his kiddos. It was pretty darn cool. I was especially pleased to discover that our kids are not the only ones who pick their noses. Ha ha ha. Here are some pics.

feb24 009

feb24 007

feb24 006

feb24 004

feb24 003

feb24 001

Afterwards we all went out for lunch. I was pretty happy with how well the kids behaved.
feb24 011

When we got home it was one of those occasions when all the stars aligned and we were all able to have afternoon naps. When we woke up the kids tore the house apart playing “airport” and CJ and I watched curling. This is appalling.

feb24 019

This was followed by the kids drawing pictures while the CJ and I made dinner. Kenzie drew this. I am amazed every day by how much and how quickly she is learning. It really is incredible how much the brain is able to absorb. CJ and I are so proud of her.

feb24 014

Over dinner CJ and I reminisced about the days when we lived together in an apartment in the Magnolia neighborhood in Seattle. I have really fond memories of those days. We would go to work in the morning stopping at our local starbucks where they knew our order (triple Americano black, double Americano cream and twin), in the afternoon we’d meet for a drink and a few smokes at Mulleady’s where the owner Dave knew us well (he also knew our drink orders). Then we’d hang out at the apartment; drink a bottle of wine on the balcony while we grilled up some steaks. Then we’d watch baseball and relax. The weekends were full of hanging with friends, band gigs, drinking, smoking, and leading a life of debauchery. Then when we moved to Kirkland life was just as amazing only we’d meet our friend for drinks & smokes EVERY night, we enjoyed pub trivia, house parties, and holidays with friends! Damn…. I would love to be back there for a few days. Only about 16 more years….

Okay… enough of that.

So right now I am going to focus on the good things. Our two fabulous kids who make us laugh (e.g. Kenzie running around butt naked with underwear on her head), and CJ, the love of my life who I adore. The fact that we get so much more time to spend with each other now that Omi takes the kids for us. For example, our potential weekend away for our upcoming anniversary. The adventure of living in a new place and growing new roots. CJ’s cool new job. The fact that I really like my new coworkers. Spending time with family and having the kids really know their grandparents, aunts and uncles.

So there you go. That’s the half-time weekend update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home