Monday, February 05, 2007

One long fun day....

The ROM

Wow. Is the weekend over already? I don’t even remember what we did on Saturday – it just kinda came and went (oh – I do remember getting some more fish though, including 2 new really neat white angel fish). I LOVE our tank. It has provided so much enjoyment since we got it. FUN.

So yesterday my mum suggested that we take the kids to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). I really wasn’t expecting much. I thought it would be a bunch of boring exhibits and that the kids would be loud and wild and I would get stressed. I was so wrong. The ROM has an amazing floor that basically dedicated to kids and hands-on exploration. Sebastian was so darn excited. He LOVED everything. I was actually really impressed by his attention span. He would spend a really long time at each of the exhibits that caught his interest. Like the microscope…

popsicle 043


Or the archeology dig site.
popsicle 055

They also had all kinds of costumes for the kids to try on…
Check out Omi’s face… ha ha ha
popsicle 077

popsicle 039

Okay the adults got into the action too.
popsicle 038

popsicle 036

They also had a bunch of hands-on things activities like making these fossil prints.
popsicle 035

CJ’s favorite part was looking at all the animal body bits that had been preserved in bottles…
popsicle 063

Hello bunny.
popsicle 067

Oh yeah, they also had giant dinosaur bones :)
popsicle 029

SUPERBOWL

So when we were at the ROM I got a call from my friend Kat. She suggested getting together to watch the game! How perfect. That would be fun for the kids and for CJ and I too. So shortly before the game she and her darling boys came over. It was so fun. The kids occupied each other (Mackenzie is quite taken with Mitchell… she even mentioned him in her thankfuls last night - “and I am thankful for my boyfriend Mitchell…”) and the adults got to enjoy some conversation and some football watching. Unfortunately our oven decided to die about 10 minutes before game time. Luckily our old friend Wild Wings came through for us again!

feb4 042

Sebby and Evan had a really good time (once Sebastian got over his fear of sharing). At one point they were upstairs and things got a bit quiet. I knew they’d be up to something. I think I need to put a lock on my scrapbooking room door. Don’t they look guilty?

feb4 049

okay, either Seb has a crush on Evan or he’s checking out Kat’s butt.
feb4 003

So handsome.
feb4 028

feb4 045

It was a great day. Only 5 more days till next weekend :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home