Tuesday, January 23, 2007

DHL Customer Service

1. Last week I check the on-line tracking of my package. It says that there has been an attempted delivery last week - in fact TWO attempted deliveries. But somehow I never got a notice. It gives me a number to call.

2. I call the number. Automated phone tree. None of the options apply so I wait. I’m asked (automated voice) for the zip code of the delivery. I live in Canada. We don’t have zip codes. I wait. After a few seconds. “That zip code is not recognized. Please try again”. I wait. After a few seconds. “That zip code is not recognized. Please try again”.

3. Finally it rings and I get a human. I explain my situation. She listens intently only to tell me “I’m sorry. That is an international address. I only handle domestic. Please wait while I transfer you to an international customer service representative”.

4. I’m transferred. Explain my situation again. She tells me that they attempted to deliver the package twice. I explain that I never got a notice and that I want to know where it is now. She tells me to call my local (Markham) warehouse and they will be able to help me. She gives me two phone numbers.

5. I call first number – get an answering machine. I leave my name and number – “please call me back”. This was last week.

6. Today – still no call back. I call again. Answering machine. It didn’t work last time so I try calling the second number. I’m in another phone tree. Again, no options apply. I wait, phone rings, and rings and rings. Answering machine picks up only to tell me that the message box is full and can not accept any more messages.

7. I call the first number again and leave another message. Please call me back ASAP.

8. After not hearing for 5 hours I call the 1-888 number again. (See #2 above – same process). On the phone with the international operator I explain that I never received a notice. She argues with me saying that I did. WTF???? Then she tells me that I have to pick up the package. So now I’m pissed but trying to remain calm. I ask her what the address of teh warehouse is. Her reply?... “I’m sorry, I don’t have the address. You will have to call the local warehouse.” And she proceeds to give me the same two friggin numbers of the Markham warehouse that I have called already (See #’s 5, 6 and 7). I am about to blow a gasket!


The package contains 4 travel mugs. I paid $20 to have them delivered.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 words......United Parcel Service!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home