Sunday, January 20, 2008

weekly update.

In the last week.

1. CJ and I have rediscovered our love of cooking together.
2. CJ and I have both lost weight.
3. We have really enjoyed the tasty meals we’ve prepared.
4. The kids ate chocolate cookies made with white kidney beans and sugar substitute and they loved them.
5. CJ and I have about 3 times the energy we used to have.

So in summary the GI Diet is a big hit for us. I only very rarely miss the junk food I used to eat. Today was the first time and I was just craving something – something crunchy and salty like chips or crackers but the craving went away quickly. What I do miss though are my K-Pows. That’s my special drink – sobe energy drink with vodka. Oh well. I’m probably a lot healthier for not drinking those.

Anyhow. Yesterday we had a good day. Kenzie had ballet in the morning – the kids are starting to learn their dance for their recital in May. They are so darn cute! After that we went grocery shopping. Then we all had lunch and then took long naps. We all ended up staying up late last night and making cookies at 9:30 at night.

Today we had a relaxing morning. Shortly before lunch Helen came over with Sophie and Sebastian. She stayed for a coffee and then headed off and left the kids here for a play date. The kids all had a great time. Here are some pics.

Big Sebastian Performing (his microphone is a hair braiding device that Kenzie got as a present for her birthday)
IMG_1190

Little Sebastian performing.
IMG_1191

CJ performing (he is so hot!!!)
IMG_1196

Kids eating lunch
IMG_1210

Kids
IMG_1183

In the early afternoon Andrea, Chris and Mum came over. Andrea and Chris had asked if they could come over and hang out while they had an open house. It was a pretty mellow afternoon. Andrea was pretty tired (pregnancy). So was Chris (dealing with pregnant lady). They ended up falling asleep on the couch in front of the fireplace. After Dave picked Sophie and Sebby up Kenzie and I and omi played Monopoly while CJ and seb watched football downstairs.

Now we just finished dinner and CJ and I are hoping to get the kids in bed and asleep quickly so that we can watch some TV together.

I am bummed that the weekend is over again. I really don’t feel like going back to work tomorrow. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home