Sunday, August 14, 2005

Big Sigh.... Friday

I just let out a big sigh. Both kids are in bed. The last two days have been super hectic but oh so fun. Yesterday we went to my company's summer picnic in teh afternoon. We had a blast. Not only were the two kids perfect (Kenzie had her good pal Parker to play with - they were inseparable. And Sebastian had a good nap in the backpack), bt we got to hang out, relax, chat with collegues and their S.O.'s have a couple drinks and enjoy the beautiful weather. All this occured just steps from the Puget Sound.

Soon after we arrived home, Sam and Jess came over to babysit. Sam - have I told you lately that I LOVE YOU!? CJ and I went to the Saki House for dinner. We had a most delicious dinner. We let the sushi chef decide for us and man... did he decide well. He made us some fantastic sashimi followed by a couple spectacular sushi rolls. My mouth waters thinking about it. We also polished off two large saki's and of course my fav... edemame. The best part though was that we actually got to talk. I think this was teh first time sonce my maternity ended that we actually talked abit along the lines of "is this new situation working for you?" It made me happy that we both seem to be glad we made this decision (i.e. CJ being a SAHD).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home