Saturday, August 06, 2005

another good day

Today started off with a family walk to the ol' Fred Meyer. Sebastian and Dad collected all the food items while Kenzie and I went to look for a birthday present for Julian. We found, what I think is, the perfect gift for a two year old. It was a "band in a box". It came with a tamborine, drums, shakers, spoons and other things that makes lots of noise. I know that his parents will be forever appreciative of our fabulous gift-buying prowess. :)

When we got home, Kenzie entertained us with a song that she made up about the new pokeadot sun glasses that she got at the store. I believe it went something like this....

"OHHHHHHH glasses make me happy... and so do pigs... and cats and hippos.... and lions are at the zooooooooo. Glasses.... glasses.... make me oh so happy and oh so sad.... and I love mummy and daddy too. and I love bastian too".
P8060013

After the concert Kenzie entertained me with the two dozen ways she can go down her slide.
P8060023

Next we took naps. Yes, the whole family took naps. That in itself makes today a VERY successful day. I love weekend afternoon naps. They make me happy.

After naps we packed everyone into the car and headed off to the Steve and Bila's house for the birthday party. I can't believe that soon Seb will be in a big forward facing care seat like the boo.
P8060028

The birthday party was a hit. Here's a picture of Dad and seb enjoying the playground.
P8060029

There was good food (at least it looked good - damn cleansing), fun friends and lots of kids... this is a picture of just a few. Kenzie had a hoot. Julian has some extra cool toys... and lots of them. Sebastian found a few he enjoyed too.
P8060045

We came home and just bummed around for the rest of the evening. Poor Sebastian couldn't keep his eyes open so he was out by 7:30. Kenzie in bed (probably not sleeping) by 8:30.

Tomorrow, Ellen and Katrina are coming over for a playdate/picnic. Kenzie told us tonight that she would like to serve Katrina toast with strawberry jelly, pickles and popsicles. ha ha ha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home