Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pillow Fights

I have always had this "dream scenario" about life as a grown-up. It involves the husband and wife and two kids hanging out on the parents bed on a weekend morning. The kids are dressed in comfy pajamas, the parents lounging around drinking coffee and there are cuddles and lots of giggles and everyone is happy. Of course the kids are perfectly clean and smell like soap and shampoo and the bed linens are perfectly white with a fluffy white comforter. The sun is streaming into the bedroom indicating the start of a beautiful and perfect day.

Well... yesterday I think we came as close to this dream as possible....

It was after dinner - around 7:00. Seb was in a onesie with little bits of cheerios stuck to his legs, Kenzie was sweaty and had the remanents of strawberry yogurt on her t-shirt. CJ and I were hot and tired. We all ended up on our bed - with non-matching linens.

I picked up a pillow to put it under my head when this urge struck me to slam the pillow into CJ stomach. ha ha ha. This made Kenzie and Seb laugh. So I followed that with a wack of the pillow onto Kenzie's butt and a little tap of the pillow on Seb's head.

This resulted in squeals of laughter.

From there it deteriorated into a full-on pillow fight that the whole family was involved in.

It was AWESOME!!!

After about 25 minutes we all fell onto our backs, hot and exhausted - faces hurting from laughing so much.

it was better than my dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home