Thursday, August 04, 2005

cleansing

I've been having a really hard time losing baby weight after Sebastian. It's strange because with Mackenzie I gained the same amount of weight and it was all gone 6 weeks after she was born. But not this time. In fact I've gained 10 MORE pounds since he was born. I attribute it to the fact that Seb is not a good sleeper and when I am up with him in the middle of the night, it's so easy to pop a piece of chocolate or a cookie in my mouth while I'm in the kitchen making him a bottle. I guess it could also be related to teh fact that i eat too much on a regular basis.

ANY HOO.... long story gets longer.

Our friend Sam came over on the weekend. She is in great shape but has ALWAYS complained about her tummy (since the day I met her about 5 years ago). She had a c-section and hasn't been able to lose a bit of padding over all her tummy muscles. Well last weekend she came over and showed me her tummy. SHE WAS RIPPED! I swear her stomach was so friggin flat and you could see her muscles. It was awesome. She said it was from doing isagenics - a 9 day cleansing program.

I was convinced. So CJ ordered the stuff for us and we started the plan yesterday. I was really hungry yesterday but I feel better today. I am, starting to get the energy rush that they talk about. I know this is not my weight-loss solution, but I am hoping it will get me motivated enough to stick to a diet/exercise routine and lose the weight I need to.

We finish the program next Thursday. We are going for sushi next friday night. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home