Thursday, September 22, 2005

Back from my trip


Eastern WA ITS Sep 2005 149
Originally uploaded by karenandcj.
I am so glad to be back. I don't even know how to describe it. I just feel "off" when I am away from my family. It was such a nice feeling to pull into the driveway yesterday afternoon and to see CJ walk out to give me a hug.

When I got home Kenzie was still napping. I went into her room and she opened her eyes a bit, saw me, and then closed them again and she got this sleepy smile on her face. I lay in bed with her and snuggled until she woke up.

Last night we all went out for sushi.. or "chewsy" as Kenzie calls it. The waitresses at the restaraunt came over at least a dozen times to tell us how good the kids were being and how cute they are. Made me proud. Kenzie was a happy camper eating the entire bowl of edemame, followed by a bowl of mago ice cream. Sebastian enjoyed chewing on Edamame and eating rice with teryaki sauce.

Kenzie cracks me up. Her newest thing these days is to do something so KNOWS she's not supposed to do and then follow that by looking at you with very serious eyes and saying (quite dramatically, I should add) "I AM SOOOOO SORRY". She knows I can't get mad when she does that... but she is starting to use that to get away with way more than she should.

The picture to the right was taken on our drive home yesterday. Washington State is so pretty.

2 Comments:

Blogger JL said...

yippee - I am so glad you are back K...
and I know the kids and CJ are too!
That pic is so pretty - we are lucky to live in such a beautiful state. Kids are funny huh? I love when Ben does something he knows he is not supposed to and cracks a joke to get out of it. How can you be tough, when you are laughing?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

That's great you are home Karen! I bet you got lots of hugs and kisses from the family!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home